Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Signup form not working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by maiS 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,
I created a signup form that should create an Author user role. But when I test it nothing happens. I set the form to redirect / go to a different page, when the signup is complete, but this doesn't work either.

So
1) The user is not being created
2) The redirect to the next page is not working.

Can you please help?
Thanks.

And also - when I am logged out, I can't see the form at all. But it needs to show since you are not logged in if you don't have a user, and this is where you should create your user...

Okay, I figured out how to show the form to not logged in users - now we just need to figure out why the submit button does not create a user and redirect to the next page

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 3.23.07 PM.png

Hi, can you replace the "Form Messages" field in the Form? This messages field is used to display error messages when something is wrong, and may give you a better idea of the problem in the Form. Please replace the Form Messages field and let me know what you find out when you submit the Form.

Hi there,
It seemed to be the email that wasn't working. But when I submit the form now, I have set the settings to redirect to another page but when I submit I get a 404 that the page was not found. And the page is created and was one of the available pages I could choose from in the form settings.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mai,

Unfortunately Christian is currently off on vacation so I will be handling this ticket for him.

The problem with the redirect is because :

1. You have set it to be in a Post Group called Host Welcome.
2. The Post Group Host Welcome denies access to guests.
3. In order to the see the page the user will need to log in even if they just created their user account as the form does NOT automatically log in the users.

If you were to allow guests to have access to this page then when a user creates an account they will get redirected successfully.

Please let me know if this clears things up for you.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I can see the page now, but it's not showing any of the fields that I set up in the form. How to I make it show the form?

The form "Create camp" used to work but now that one doesn't work either

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Looking at the forms all the fields that are on the form are showing up fine.

Secondly were there any major changes to the site that you think could be causing this ? It seems that something is preventing the form from submitting.

Can you try remaking the form and let me know if the problem still remains? Then we can take it from there.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

There was some updates for toolset plugin but that's all I can think of as changes. At my end it is only 1 out of 3 forms that show up when I test it without being logged in. If I am logged in as a user it works fine. After submitting the host without being logged in I get a blank page.

and also in the host welcome mail it doesn't pull the information.

Hi there,

Thank you for joining Find Sports Camps!

Your host-user is now created, and you can start creating your camps.

Your login informations are:

E-mail:
Password:

- it is not showing the email and password.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

I've added the proper placeholders to the notification email. Can you test this and let me know if it works.

For your forms that are not showing up for Guests, ensure that guests are allowed to access the forms.

You can check this by going to the link below.
hidden link

If there are any further issues please don't hesitate to let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi there,

The forms are working now and the emails too 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Awesome to hear that they are working fine now.

You can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved when you're ready.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.