Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Side and Page titles

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Creating a layout with Toolset layouts, I am using Bridge theme, the side bar and title need removing, can you please provide instructions on how this is done.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Hi, I'll be glad to take a look. It's handled differently in different themes, so I will need to take a look at wp-admin with this theme active. I can do that on your site if you provide login credentials in the private reply fields here, or if you can provide the theme zip file for me to download I can test on my local environment. Let me know which you would prefer.

1. I would like this page to have no side bar.
It looks like the Page template file is set up with no sidebar. Copy the file page.php from your parent theme into your child theme, and rename the file single-company.php.

2. Also to remove the duplicate page title that is showing... post date, posted by etc
Let's see if this is still a problem after modifying the php template in step 1.

3. and if possible add company to the breadcrumb so that the user can go back to the main search page
Toolset generally isn't able to modify breadcrumbs that are provided by your theme. I recommend reaching out to their support team for some advice about modifying the breadcrumb structure for custom post types. I see a file in the parent theme called "qode-breadcrumbs.php" that includes some breadcrumb information, so if you're comfortable writing your own PHP you may be able to override this in your child theme.

4. Is it possible to have the search bar on the left and the results on the right?
Possibly, but I'm not able to see a page at /companies-3. May I kindly ask you to open a separate ticket for this issue so we can investigate it in more detail? Our support policy is to cover one issue per ticket, and I think this will require more than a sentence or two to answer fully. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.