Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show user custom meta data on user profile page

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ankit Katailiha 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
registration-form.png

Hi Team,

I have created a custom user registration from using Toolset user forms. I have added some extra fields to the form like organization name, Job title etc. The form is working fine and users are created successfully but I want to show those custom field data in user profile at dashboard, so Admin can check the organization name and job title of the user.
Please let me know how we can achieve this?
I am attaching the screenshot of my user registration from.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand - you want to display the custom user field on frontend.

Please check the following Doc and let me know if that help you to resolve your issue:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/displaying-wordpress-user-fields/

user-profile.png

Hi,
this article didn't helped me. I want to show the data in user profile page at Dashboard end.
Please check the attached screenshot.
I am not sure if the data of Organization and Job title custom fields are saving in database or not. Please help me.

Minesh
Supporter

You shared the screenshot of edit user profile page in the backend.

Obviously , the custom user field data is stored in the database and within usermeta database table.

Do you mean that you want to display the custom user field on edit profile page of the backed - if yes, you should check your custom user field group from Toolset => Custom Fields => User Fields => Edit your user custom field group and and set to what roles the custom user field group should be get displayed.

Please check the following screenshot: hidden link

registration-form-custom-field.jpg
registration form backend.png

I think you still didn't understand the problem. The screenshot you given is for creating the custom user fields from custom fields menu right? then what about the fields which we can add while creating the user registration form through toolset form?

Field 1 - [cred_generic_field type='textfield' field='organisation']
Field 2 -[cred_generic_field type='select' field='job-title']

I need to show these 2 fields data on profile edit.
I am attaching the screenshot of backend user form code and the screenshot of which 2 fields data I want in profile page.

Minesh
Supporter

Generic field will not be displayed on User profile.

You will require to create custom user field and add it to your form infested of Generic field.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/creating-custom-user-profiles/#adding-custom-fields-to-user-profiles

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.