Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show team members on team page

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcialB 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi there

I am trying to have a team page (a custom post type) that beside other content shows its team members (another custom post type). To achieve this, we made a taxonomy that we use for both custom post types. Each team has exactly one entry that is named after the team. We then add the taxonomy to the team members. Some team members are assigned to a team, some aren't.
After that we created a view that we include in the layout of the team that should filter the team members that have the same taxonomy as the team.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (in the tab section at the bottom in the tab "team").

I expected to see the views of the team members connected to the same taxonomy as the team itself is.

Instead, I got: There is nothing shown in this tab.

I also hardcoded the taxonomies and it's still not working. So maybe there is an error elsewhere. So far we didn't had any problem working with Toolset, so we aren't sure where the error could be.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Can you test adding the View in question directly to a simply static page without using the page builder.

I looked at your link and in the Team tab there is an h3 Team title but nothing else.

If you had inserted a View there and there were no results I would expect to see the no results found markup, for example.

Can you show me the Query Filters you have used on the View for the taxonomy?

Hi Nigel

Thanks for your hint regarding testing it on a normal page. That didn't work. Therefore I tried to make all settings the same as on another view that worked. But that didn't helped either. So I deleted this View and duplicated the other one and adjusted it to my needs. Not it works, even with the query filter.

I have no clue where the error was, but it's running now 🙂

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.