Skip Navigation

[Resolved] “Show results within” field doesn’t work

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a custom search View that includes a distance filter and a "Use my location" button to determine distance from the User's location. It doesn't seem to be filtering correctly when I change the distance radius.

Solution:
It appears that the Query Filter and filter control had become out of sync somehow while editing the View. This can often be fixed by simply recreating the filter. Delete the distance filter control shortcode from Search and Pagination, and delete the distance Query Filter. Recreate the distance filter in the Search and Pagination editor area, and the corresponding Query Filter will be created automatically.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeffreyS-6 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
capture2.jpg
capture1.jpg
capture 3.jpg

I am trying to Filter dealers on this page: hidden link and would like to use the "show results within" option for visitors to be able to adjust the mile range. The problem is, it doesn't work.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I have searched and can't find an answer to the problem. On the test site here: hidden link it works as expected. The settings are 100% identical except on the live site, there is an ssl certificate installed. I would prefer to let it load based on their location and then let them adjust the mileage range as needed. Is this possible?

I would prefer to let it load based on their location and then let them adjust the mileage range as needed. Is this possible?
Automatic detection of the User's location is not possible on HTTP, because the browser location service API requires HTTPS for security. It should definitely be possible on HTTPS, and your View settings don't show anything obviously wrong...so there must be something else going on.

Can you try the following troubleshooting steps (on the HTTPS site)?
- Temporarily activate the parent Divi theme and deactivate all plugins except Types, Views, Maps and WooCommerce.
- Test the View again.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your child theme, then other plugins, one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem was not resolved, duplicate this View so you have a backup.
- Delete the distance filter from the Query Filter editor area.
- Scroll down and delete the wpv-control-distance shortcode from the Search and Pagination editor area, then recreate it by clicking "New Filter" above the Search and Pagination editor (not the Query Filter area). The corresponding Query Filter will be created automatically.

Let me know the results of these troubleshooting steps and we can go from there.

Christian,

Thank you!!! Recreating the Filter worked and now it appears to be working as it should. I appreciate your help!

Jeff

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.