Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show registered third party shortcodes

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by henrikG 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

If you register third party shortcodes with the wpv_custom_inner_shortcodes filter as described here : https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/shortcodes-within-shortcodes/?utm_source=viewsplugin&utm_campaign=views&utm_medium=toolset-settings&utm_term=documentation%20page

They are not displayed anywhere. They are not displayed in the settings, nor are they displayed in the "Fields and View shortcode" lookup.

This may not be a bug, and a fact that you simply have to remember the shortcodes you add yourself, but it would be nice if I could see the registered shortcodes somewhere along with the rest of the view shortcodes or at least show the shortcodes in the settings, so when I come back to my work after a few weeks, I can look the names of the shortcode up, instead of reading my plugin code 🙂

Am I doing something wrong or do third party shortcodes simply not show up anywhere in the toolset tools.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henrick,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

The only purpose that this section serves is to register your shortcodes so that they can be used with our views plugin.

This means that if you have a custom shortcode and you add it here, then you are able to use that shortcode within our views plugin shortcode .

This setting does not serve a resource where you can use use these custom shortcodes.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks
Shane

Hi Shane.

Then consider it a feature request.

Right now third party shortcodes are not shown anywhere. You have to know they exists.

But since they are added either through setup or through the filter, it should be possible to display these shortcodes somewhere in the visual wizard, or in the settings.

I can't remember what I did 2 weeks ago, so it would be nice to be able to see the registered shortcodes that work with toolset. That way when you have to alter a content template or some other designs, you kan see your registered shortcodes somewhere.

Most of the time these shortcodes are shortcodes you have to build yourself, in order to get a view or content template to do what you need it to do. So it would be nice to be able to see the registered third party shortcodes in the visual wizard or somewhere else.

What are your thoughts about my suggestion?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henrik,

I think this would be a good idea but it is up to the dev's discretion to add this. The reason is that it is up to the 3rd party shortcode makers to provide an interface to add their shortcodes.

But I do get the point that you are making and i'll add this to the list of feature request for views.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok. Will wait to see what happens.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.