Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show post in view with a higher number from custom field.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

I have created a woocommerce website. For product i have created a drop-down custom field with name "Number of Blogs". In this field numbers (3,5,7,10,15) option to select .

Now i created a view for products for same category (via query filter). Currently this view showing matched products with that specific category. I want show only product that has highest number set in "Number of Blogs" and have same tag. Is this possible? If yes then how?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

>> Now i created a view for products for same category (via query filter).
>> Currently this view showing matched products with that specific category.

- From your message, I understand that the view that you're referring to is a WordPress Archive view and not the post view. Is that correct? It would help if I could access the admin area to see how the view is currently set up.

>> I want show only product that has highest number set in "Number of Blogs"
>> and have same tag. Is this possible? If yes then how?

- To confirm, you'd like to show only those products, which have:

1. the same tag or taxonomy term whose archive page is being viewed and
2. also have the value "15" added in "Number of Blogs" custom field (since 15 is the highest number value)

I've set your next reply as private so that you can share the temporary admin user's details, along with the view in question.

Important: Please make a complete backup copy of the website before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.