Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show post category in child post in backend

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Display/setup taxonomy value inside relationship metabox.

Solution:

There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Types plugin, and we have some plans to add taxonomy fields into the relationships metabox.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by beatR 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

i got a custom post type "datei" that is in relation with a post type "mitglied".

"datei" has a custom taxonomy

when i add a "datei" directly to a "mitglied", i cannot choose the taxonomy.

is there a way to
1) choose the taxonomy when adding a new child record
2) show the taxonomy in the child posts lists (this is just as important as 1))

of course, solution via PHP is fine.

thanks!!

here you might get a better view:
hidden link

Hello,

Q1) choose the taxonomy when adding a new child record
There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Types plugin, you will need to edit the child "datei" post, and setup it's terms of taxonomy,

Q2) show the taxonomy in the child posts lists
Same as above: there isn't such kind of built-in feature within Types plugin.
You can click the "gear" button in your video, you should be able to see there isn't taxonomy options in it.

According to our support policy, we don't provide custom codes support, but you can add a feature request here:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Our developers will evaluate it.

Thanks Luo
i figured that to be the case. It's not such a big deal, i can advice the client to add first the "datei" and then connect the "mitglied" (other way arround). It would just be cool to have more options in the backend in order to avoid having to create a frontend for minor missing things in backend. i will do some suggestions later on.

But maybe you can answer me this: 🙂
is there a hook for the displayed child post-type fields/table?

something like the manage_xxxxx_posts_columns that i can use to manipulate the output of the connected type table?

Thanks!

I am not sure if there is such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Types plugin, so I have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Here is the feedback from our developers:
There are no filter hooks where users can readily customize what appears as columns in the post relationships metabox, and we have some plan to add taxonomy fields into the relationships metabox.

But I am not sure when will it be implemented, currently, you can add a feature request as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/show-post-category-in-child-post-in-backend/#post-1310803

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.