Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show message after trigger button

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jaime 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a search by user location working correctly, but I would like to show a success message when the location user is found.
Something like "We found you!"

The thing is in my search user needs to trigger two buttons:
1. Search my location
2. Search locations near me

If it's possible I would also like to hide the second button ( 2. Search locations near me) until the user location is found,. I think the UX would be better.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, I didn't found anything related so far.

What is the link to your site?
You can see the search in action here
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Could you let me know how are building the search ? Is it with our Blocks plugin or are you using the classic editor to build it.

Please let me know and we can take it from there.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane!
I'm using the classic editor.

I know I should start to use Blocks, but I didn't have much time to learn using it, so I'm still with the classic editor.
Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for confirming.

This may actually be easier with the classic editor.
I have a search by user location working correctly, but I would like to show a success message when the location user is found.
Something like "We found you!"

For the We Found you section, you can simply add your text within the [wpv-items-found] shortcode and it should display only when you have results for you view.

However you only want this to display if the user performs a search, so you can edit this further and use our conditional shortcode.

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-search-term param='wpv_view_count']' eq '1063 ' "]

We found you!

[/wpv-conditional]

The button you are referring to is the "Send" button correct?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Sorry Shane, but still not working.
Actually it didn't make any changes. Nothing happens.

The button I'm referring, was the "Search my location" actually, not the "Send" button.
But nothing happens even when clicking "Send".
I've my search set with Ajax, and I tried changing this and re-writing url each time "Send" button is clicked, but nothing new happens.

The ideal situation for me would be this:
When a user arrives to the View he will see a map with all results.
In the View (which I will show only on mobile devices) there is only a button (all the options are hide by css) with the "Search my location" and when the user click this button and the locations is found, a "We found you" message and the "Send" button appears.

If this approach is not possible, I can handle with another workarounds, but what I would like to avoid is the google maps field with the geolocation code.

Can you please guide me a little bit more?
Thanks Shane!
🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jaime,

I'm not seeing a "Search My Location " button. What i See is a use "Find My Location".

However based on what you type i'm assuming that you're referring to the Find My Location button. I believe I have a better understanding of the situation now.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can write up some Javascript to get this done for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jaime,

I managed to get this working for you.

Could you check the page and let me know if everything is ok now ?

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.