Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcodes stripped within [wpv-no-items-found] [/wpv-no-items-found]

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JSG 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

JSG

I'm trying to run a shortcode within this code and the shortcode gets stripped. This is at the end of a parametric search view. It's a button styles with a shortcode.

[wpv-no-items-found]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Sorry your search offered no results. [intense_button color="#c9e2e1" font_color="#000000" hover_color="#ffffff" hover_font_color="#000000" size="medium" link="2695" border="1px solid #c9e2e1" border_radius="15px"]Click for Help
[/intense_button] [/wpml-string]
[/wpv-no-items-found]

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

When you say the shortcode gets stripped you are saying it doesn't get render at all correct?

If so then you need to add the shortcode name to our views 3rd party shortcode arguments.

This setting is location at Views -> Settings -> Compatibility, all you need to do is add "intense_button" to the terms and it should start working now.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

JSG
Settings ‹ Nashville Needle Works — WordPress.png

That sounds great, however it did not work.

Here is a link to the page. If you run a keyword search with "256" which will not be found. The info not found will show up. The "Click Here" should be styles by the Intense_Button

hidden link

I have attached an image of the changes I made in the settings.
Is there a debug I can look to see where it's getting stripped?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the link to the site 🙂

Does this shortcode work when not being used in our view ?

I checked the HTML results and it seems the classes for intense button is being applied so it looks to me that the shortcode is being parsed.

See below for code that is generated.

<a id="btn_744209238" style="" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" target="_self" class="intense  btn btn-md ">Click for Help
</a>

Please let me know. Also if possible please let me see a page that displays the button.

Thanks,
Shane

JSG

Here is a link to an example of what that button should look like.

hidden link

I have used these shortcodes all through out the filter section of the view and in the past with the main body of the loop section. Just never tried it with the item not found section.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I have a suspicion as to why this is not working but I need to do some tests first.

Would you mind providing me with admin access for the website so I can confirm my suspicions?

I'll enable the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

As suspected the issue is because of the AJAX filter. You see because the button is not loaded on a full page refresh then the css styling for the button isn't loaded.

The button is loaded through Ajax so the intense plugin does not know that the button is actually there for it to load the styling for it.

If we disable the AJAX for our views and search you will be able to see the button loading correctly.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

JSG

I see how this could happen. Thanks much for your continued help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.