Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcodes don't work at all

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author

Hi Nigel

Sorry for the delay. Not at all! Happy to 'do something'!

I tried replacing the close function with your alteration: <a href="javascript:console.log('Boo!');" class="folly-popclose"></a> But there is no resolution. No change.

I tried removing the related script (<script>) altogether and interestingly, the page still wouldn't display the toolset shortcodes unless I removed several instances of the call to the script in html. Sometimes it worked with 3 sometimes 5... In fact, I never managed to repeat a failure. So I could never conclude on what is exactly wrong with this html even when the script was not active. I removed all the content, CSS classes and tested repeatedly with all kinds of combinations. Never the same result..

This is what I mean by 'one' instance in html:

<div class="folly-popcontainer">
    <a href="javascript:showHide('pop-xxx');">New Event</a>
    <div id="pop-xxx" class="folly-popoverlay" style="display:none;">
        <div class="folly-popcontent">
            <a href="javascript:showHide('pop-xxx');" class="folly-popclose"></a>
            <h3>New Event</h3>
            [cred_form form="event-create"]
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Eventually I moved the site across to previous PHP version 5.6.37 and now everything works perfectly.

So what we do know for certain is that:

1. The Toolset [conditional] shortcode with PHP version 7.0.31 has an issue with something in my html on this page which is unique on this website in that it is the only page to call javascript inside a [conditional] shortcode.
2. Even if the javascript is not active there is still a problem.
3. One or 2 html instances always works and that any more than 2 sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
4. My CSS (folly-popoverlay, folly-popclose, folly-popcontent and folly-popcontainer) is not the problem.

Hmmmmmm....

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 09.58.37.png

Hi Rita

I copied the problematic markup you identified before (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/shortcodes-dont-work-at-all/#post-1105553) into the template nigel-editor that I conditionally insert into the editor page like so:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-title]' eq 'Editor' )"]
[wpv-post-body view_template="nigel-editor"]
[/wpv-conditional]

And it works fine, as per the screenshot (I can click on the links and forms open inside modals).

This is after I switched the site to run on a server with PHP 7.0.3 (which is the closest I can get in my set up to 7.0.3.1).

So I'm at something of a loss to explain, as I can't reproduce the problem.

With your hosting are you able to use any other PHP 7 versions that 7.0.3.1 that you can try?

Thanks for all your support Nigel. As I mentioned previously: Eventually I moved the site across to previous PHP version 5.6.37 and now everything works perfectly. I still don't know what the problem is.. A mystery indeed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.