Skip Navigation

[Resolved] shortcodes displayed instead of entered values

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanp 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

The website has been online for some time now and not a problem with, except that today, I received phonecall from my client, telling that he could not see the right inof on the website.

Indeed, I saw what you can see there :
Liink to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
or any other vehicle : hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: 44290 € TTC (price field)

Instead, I got: [TYPES FIELD='PRIX'][/TYPES] € TTC

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I can see the problem on your site, and note that the gallery of images at the bottom of the page is also outputting the types shortcodes.

For this to have started happening I suspect an update of another plugin or the theme has introduced some conflict.

You can test for that by switching to a standard theme such as twentyseventeen and checking again, and by disabling non-Toolset plugins and testing again. If the types shortcodes then output normally then it should be possible to identify what is the cause of the conflict.

If you could try that and then let me know what you find so I can see how to proceed.

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I created a staging website here : hidden link

Something is really wrong: the activated theme is twentyseventeen, and I left only two plugins : Toolset Types and Views, that's it. I deleted the htaccess and flushed the permalinks, activated the debug mode using wp-config and reinstalled WordPress 4.9.1

I have the exact same result as you can see for yourself : hidden link
Same for all campers : hidden link (archive URL)

Hope you can help me soon.

Here's my debug info:

{"core":{"Wordpress":{"Multisite":"No","SiteURL":"https:\/\/clone.autobourcier.com","HomeURL":"https:\/\/clone.autobourcier.com","Version":"4.9.1","PermalinkStructure":"\/%postname%\/","PostTypes":"post, page, attachment, revision, nav_menu_item, custom_css, customize_changeset, oembed_cache, wp-types-group, wp-types-user-group, wp-types-term-group, view, view-template, vehicule-occasion, vehicule","PostSatus":"publish, future, draft, pending, private, trash, auto-draft, inherit"},"Server":{"jQueryVersion":"1.12.4","PHPVersion":"7.0.25","MySQLVersion":"10.0.33","ServerSoftware":"Apache"},"PHP":{"MemoryLimit":"1G","UploadMax":"16M","PostMax":"16M","TimeLimit":"600","MaxInputVars":"200000"}},"plugins":{"active_plugins":{"types\/wpcf.php":{"Name":"Toolset Types","PluginURI":"http:\/\/wordpress.org\/extend\/plugins\/types\/","Version":"2.2.20","Author":"OnTheGoSystems","AuthorURI":"http:\/\/www.onthegosystems.com","TextDomain":"types","DomainPath":"","Network":false,"Title":"Toolset Types","AuthorName":"OnTheGoSystems"},"wp-views\/wp-views.php":{"Name":"Toolset Views","PluginURI":"https:\/\/toolset.com\/?utm_source=viewsplugin\u0026utm_campaign=views\u0026utm_medium=plugins-list-full-version\u0026utm_term=Visit plugin site","Version":"2.5.1","Author":"OnTheGoSystems","AuthorURI":"http:\/\/www.onthegosystems.com","TextDomain":"wp-views","DomainPath":"","Network":false,"Title":"Toolset Views","AuthorName":"OnTheGoSystems"}},"mu_plugins":[],"dropins":[]},"theme":{"Name":"Twenty Seventeen","ThemeURI":null,"Author":"\u003Ca href=\u0022https:\/\/wordpress.org\/\u0022\u003El'équipe WordPress\u003C\/a\u003E","AuthorURI":null,"Template":"twentyseventeen","Version":"1.4","TextDomain":null,"DomainPath":null},"extra-debug":{"types":{"add_resized_images_to_library":0,"register_translations_on_import":1,"images_remote":0,"images_remote_cache_time":"36","help_box":"by_types","hide_standard_custom_fields_metabox":"show","postmeta_unfiltered_html":"on","usermeta_unfiltered_html":"on"},"views":{"views_template_loop_blog":0,"wpv_bootstrap_version":1,"wpv_custom_conditional_functions":[],"wpv_custom_inner_shortcodes":[],"wpv_debug_mode":"","wpv_debug_mode_type":"compact","wpv_map_plugin":0,"wpv_show_edit_view_link":1,"wpv_show_hidden_fields":"","wpv_saved_auto_detected_framework":"","wpv_codemirror_autoresize":"","wpv_enable_pagination_manage_history":true,"wpv_enable_parametric_search_manage_history":true,"views_template_for_vehicule":227,"view_cpt_vehicule":"1308"}}}

Best regards,

Nigel
Supporter

Can I get a copy of your site to test locally? (The clone.)

You can provide a link to duplicator packages in the following private reply, or if you have problems with that provide me with access credentials and I'll take a copy myself.

https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Nigel
Supporter

I tried to use Duplicator to create the archives but it gave me a server error.

So I tried to instal All in One WP Migration but it wouldn't let me.

It appears you have some security layer preventing me from making a backup. Is it possible that that might be connected with the Types shortcodes not working?

Ok, I deactivated and deleted Wordfence (firewall): it solved the duplicator issue (package is ready to download by the way) but the website is still displaying shortcodes.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi there

I installed a copy of your site locally and observed the problem.

The types shortcodes which are being printed to the screen unparsed are those inside a wpv-conditional shortcode.

I tested setting up a new post type with custom fields and created a template to display them which included using conditional shortcodes, and for this new content it worked as expected.

I have escalated this thread so that the issue can be investigated further, to understand why it is not working for your existing content.

I'll update you here as soon as I have any news.

Hello Nigel,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to add some more, see if the shortcodes are still displayed. You're saying that if I create another post type and recreate the views and add the content again, it works, is that correct ?

One thing I didn't think about at first : I changed a week ago the database prefix, from "bourc_" to "wp_", but I don't think it has much to do with this : I restored a database and files backup from one month ago (the site doesn't change much) and the bug was already there (I am sure it was working before, as I did check everything before putting the site online).

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. Looking forward to reading you about new findings.

Best regards,

Hello Nigel,

Just to give you a quick update: I went back to the old database prefix ("bourc_" instead of "wp_") and everything seems to be working again. Still I'd like to know why this change caused the conditional fields not to be working. However, the Toolset plugins need the key to be entered again, but I get a message "non valid key for this website". I'll try again to tonight, even if I need to uninstall the plugins and install them again.

Regards,

Ok, the website is back to normal regarding the display. But I can't seem to enter my licence key anymore. I removed all security plugins, deleted both Types and Views and then installed them again freshly downloaded from toolset websites but still can't enter the key. The error message is something like "non valid key for this website" (I translate it from French). Thanks for your help again.

Best regards,

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Stefan

I'll relay your news that changing the table prefixes fixes the issue. Hard to understand why, because the data is stored in standard WordPress tables.

Regarding the registration problem, it's currently affecting everyone, we are working on the problem now and I'll update again here when it's fixed.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi there

The issue with registering sites has now been resolved, if you could please try again, and let me know if you still experience any problems.

Sorry about the hiccup.

Hi Nigel, thank you, I could enter the licence key, worked like a charm. Have a nice day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.