Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcodes are showing on front end instead of dynamic data

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
frontend_template_showing_shortcodes.png
backend_templat_showing_correct_content.png

I am trying to dynamically link content and url via shortcode.

Conditional block with:

<h3 style="text-align: center;">Click to View Audition Sides: <a href="[types field='sides-upload' output='raw']" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">[types field='sides-description'][/types]</a></h3>

<p>[types field='sides-description'][/types]:[types field='sides-upload' title='Click to View and Download Document'][/types]</p>

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Content Template for Auditions

I expected to see the backend image attachment

Instead, I got the front end image attachment.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Marge,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I was able to log in and see the issue. I found that only the shortcode placed inside the container block inside your conditional block behaves this way.

I tried this on my end and wasn't able to replicate.

Is there a specific reason for the container block ?

Also could you try disabling the non-toolset plugins and trying again?

Thanks,
Shane

I tried de-activating non-toolset plugins and refreshing the page, same behavior.

I moved the block out of the container block and it seems to work. There is something with the container block that seems to mess up the shortcodes??

Shane
Supporter

Hi Marge,

The issue seems to be on your particular site because im not able to replicate.

Would you mind if I took a copy of the site to test here because I suspect this could also be a limitation of the server that you're on.

Please let me know if I can grab a copy of the site.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

That would be fine to copy the site. I'm still working on the same page and am having additional issues with the shortcodes and conditionals.

<p>[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-us-states) ne '' )"][types field='us-states' output='normal'][/types][/wpv-conditional][types field='us-states'][/types]</p>

This was a normal column, not extra container.

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Marge,

I was able to replicate the issue on my test site with your duplicator package and i've escalated the issue to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Secondly the issue that you mentioned above is still with the shortcode not rendering correct?

I checked the page and it seems to be rendering the shortcodes now.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.