Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcode for sums calculated for all pages

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by culturaI 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello i'm using [add-to-total] and [show-total] shortocodes in my view reference to this thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/nested-view-with-conditional-sums/

It's working great and makes toolset a great plugin.

But, as expected if i use pagination it display only sums for current page.

There is a way to display sum of total view and not limited to current page?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

As you noted, when used inside the paginated view (<wpv-loop> </wpv-loop>) the [add-to-total] shortcode will only process the results available on the current page and not the total number of results available.

To overcome this, you can create a new duplicate of your current view, but without pagination and only use it to generate the output for the [show-total] shortcode.

That view can then be placed inside this paginated view and it will show a total of all results.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.