Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shop Page not being responsive at a designated pixel setting.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hyukP 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
Have three columns go to two columns at 80px view.
Go to a mobile view after a designated resolution is met.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Two columns

Instead, I got: The default three colmuns.

I'm using the most recent/updated Avada theme.

I created a layout in Layouts. With Avada it will break/become responsive at a designated resolution. I'm not able to find that option within ToolSet.

What code is needed?
@media css?
Or is there an option within ToolSet?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

It looks like you used a table for the output format for the custom product archive.

Tables don't lend themselves to responsive layouts.

Toolset works with Bootstrap, and you can choose a Bootstrap grid as an output format.

There is a limitation, though, because of how Bootstrap works with rows, such that you can collapse from, say, 4 to 2 to 1, because if you include 4 items in a row that displays as 2 columns then they will wrap and show 2 and 2.

But if you have a row with 3 items and try to show it on a two column row it will wrap and show 2 and 1, then start a new row, leaving gaps in the grid.

The solution would be to modify the Loop Editor so that instead of starting a new row after every 3 items, you include all the items in a single row and let them flow accordingly. Here's an example of the required markup: hidden link

That assumes you are using Bootstrap.

If not you can quite easily roll-your-own flexbox grid, for which you would want to edit your View so that the markup generated matched what's required. Here is an example you could adapt, for example: hidden link

If you have a preference but have problems editing the View to implement it, let me know.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.