Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setup user form in Woocommerce account page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

The user form I was using is a 'Edit existing user' type. When I changed my test to show a 'Create New user' type , the form shows in all My account screens as in attachments including logged in or not logged in screens. It also shows in all my account screens that can be selected from the left side column. Please have a look at attached images.

The plugins active on this site do not impact the result in case of being active or deactivated and the Toolset plugins are most recent versions as I have just purchased the plugin few days ago and I am trying to see if it will work for our site or not.

What I am looking for simply is:

1-In Woocommerce 'My Account' page we can add some additional custom fields for new users to fill in when registering.
2-These added custom fields will be available for logged in users to view/ edit.

That's all I am looking for. I can achieve this simply by using a plugin like 'Custom User Registration Fields for WooCommerce' but I would prefer to keep Toolset plugins as it is compatible with WCFM that we are using on the same site. The problem is I have been struggling to achieve the above simple scenario for the last few days. If you can help us achieve this goal it would be great and we will be utilizing Toolset in many of our websites. So far I am not seeing any straightforward way to do this. All the documentations I read or have been referred to only touch on bits and pieces or around the subject but no direct, straightforward answer.

Would you be able to give me steps I can follow to achieve points 1 and 2 above?

Hello,

Q1) In Woocommerce 'My Account' page we can add some additional custom fields for new users to fill in when registering.

You can follow our document to setup a creating new user form, and display it in Woocommerce 'My Account' page:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-forms-for-registering-users/

Q2) These added custom fields will be available for logged in users to view/ edit.

You can follow our document to setup the editing user form, and display it in where you want:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-forms-to-create-an-edit-your-profile-page/

And you can use Toolset Access plugin to display different form for logged-in user and non-logged-in user(Guest):
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/controlling-access-to-front-end-forms/

If you still need assistance for it, please provide a test site with the same problem, I can setup a demo for you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.