Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting up a WooCommerce layout

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to use WooCommerce with Toolset?

Solution:
It depends if you have Layouts installed or not.

You should at least install as well Views, Types and WooCommerce Views m(+ WooCommerce).

Then, in Toolset > WooCommerce Views, set the templates to use the default WooCommerce VIEWS templates.

After, you will be able to fully design your WooCommerce product and shop templates using Layouts or Content Templates, depending on wether you use Layouts or not.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/
http://discover-wp.com/site-types/bootcommerce-layouts/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by BarryS9673 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi,

I am not too familiar with changing how WooCommerce looks, so when I install the plugin the pages are not nice at all and stretched across the page, so i want to get it looking decent, can you point me to a starting point so I can start altering the look, this is what the products page looks like now and I want to use your system to make it look decent.

hidden link

It depends if you have Layouts installed or not.

If yes, you can install as well Views, Types and WooCommerce Views.
Then, in Toolset > WooCommerce Views, set the templates to use the default WooCommerce VIEWS templates.

After, you will be able to fully design your WooCommerce product and shop templates using Layouts.

If you do not use Layouts, you can do the same, but using Content Templates.

We elaborate all this here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

We also have a reference site that you can download, it's ready to use:
http://discover-wp.com/site-types/bootcommerce-layouts/

You can download that site with the FrameWork Installer that you can find in your Toolset Download Area.

Hi,

Thank you let me take a look, from what I recall LAYOUTS does not work with my Themes, so let me look into the docs. I will keep this open for now, I am sure I will have questions.

Sure, let me know.

Related to Layouts, this works with any theme.
You will be able to edit the_content() on normal posts, and with WooCommerce Views, also the Shop and Single Products.

Before I get carried away will this feature allow me to get that page looking tidy and centered. If you look at this it is just awful, I am hoping to get it centered and better looking, this will apply to the full detail pages too.

hidden link

Well, how did you create this?
It seems there is no CSS loaded at all.

This cannot be solved with Toolset, this is a Theme problem, I assume the Theme is broken or something blocks the CSS files to be loaded.

Please change your theme and confirm that this is a Theme problem.

View now, you may have viewed while I made the change, if you see now styling etc is all there, but as soon as I enable the woocommerce, all head meta data gets removed and I am not sure why, I can only assume i am missing a step.

Can I make a video and share with you what i mean

Can you please first disable all Plugins?
This will show if this is a Theme problem.

If so, please contact their support.
If not, please let me know. I can then log in and check what's wrong.

Hi,

It is a custom theme designed by me using 3rd party software. I am reluctant to disable all plugins on the live site so i may test on a development site i just set up with a different theme.

Yes, this is also a valid test.

But we need to know if this happens also when Toolset is not active.
If so, it's not an issue we can assist.

I get the sense this plugin for this does not like my Theme. Not to worry I will use another theme and go from there. Thank you for your time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.