Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting Custom Roles in Access

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I think I may have asked something similar some time ago and got a 'can't do that' answer but I'm looking at Access again in the hope that it can now do what I need.

This is something that I would like to apply to a number of sites and as I'm using other Toolset plugins on these sites it would be ideal if Access could do what I need.

This is what I want to be able to do:
create custom roles which have similar permissions as Subscribers (i.e. can view restricted content but don't have any editing rights)
allow users assigned to one custom role to access content in one custom group
allow users assigned to a different custom role to access content on a different custom group

I can create custom roles and custom groups, but my problem is that all the Level 0 roles are grouped together when you select permissions so I can't separate them out.

Could you throw some light onto this for me please?
Many thanks, Emily

Dear Emily,

Unfortunately, It is not possible with Access plugin, I put it into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers will take care of it, but there isn't any ETA for it.

Hi Luoy

Thanks for getting back to me. That's a shame. Both times I've tried the plugin to see if I can use it I've come up against the same thing, so I would really consider it to be essential (from my point of view anyway).

Is there a way to track feature requests so I can see when it's being addressed?

Best wishes, Emily

I can update this thread when there is any feedback from our developers, and you can follow our blog to get up the news when it is ready:
https://toolset.com/blog/

Thanks Luoy, I appreciate it.

Please let me know if you need other assistance, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.