Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Set post Title/Slug based on custom fields

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Creating Title or Slug with data provided in custom fields.

Solution: You will have to use custom function for this.

Relevant Documentation: https://wedevs.com/support/topic/setting-post-title-and-slug-from-custom-fields/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 11:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by arvidB 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Mladen Andrejic.

Author

When I create a new post using a custom post, I don't want the user to edit the title or the slug. I'd rather set the slug/title with values that are stored in a custom field. Is that possible?

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Toolset support.

This might be done, but is not totally related to Toolset, you'll have to add a custom function for this. Please take a look here : hidden link

Thanks.

Thanks, I will pursue that.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.