Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Separate multiple values in a [wpv-post-body] output with a comma

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AlimB3245 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 4.21.46 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
It's based as a follow up to this ticket
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-field-values-from-related-grand-parent-post/#post-1782239

So I've got the values of fields from a grand parent post.. 3 of them as single fields so it's fine.. but one of them is a repeating field .. the notification-email.. I'd like to output it with a comma as a separator.. Please advise..

Screenshot Attached : https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/tmp/Screen_Shot_2020_09_19_at_4.21.46_PM.png

I need to separate the email ids with a separator.. also should I output them as raw?.. will try it..

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

I think I have resolved this one too..

[types field="notification-email" separator="," output="raw"][/types]

So I'll move to the next issue.. but for that I need to do some testing..

I need to display the distributor who matches a certain condition.. Minesh had created a short-code for another ticket but the condition is the same.. so i'll try to duplicate that and achieve what I want.. if I am able to complete that then I will move to the next step with another ticket..

Regards,
Alim

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Alim,

Indeed, you find out how. The separator argument can be added to types shortcode for a repeating filed. The wpv-post-body does not accept that shortcode.

Please mark this ticket as resolved, and open a new ticket for any other issue/question.

Best regards,
Jamal

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Thanks for the update..

I've created the next part to this process.. and I had a query which is explained in detail here..

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/a-code-that-works-on-its-own-does-not-display-when-looped-in-a-view/

Please do advise what I am doing wrong in the next process.

Regards,
Alim

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.