Skip Navigation

[Resolved] SEO meta description shows CSS code on Google Search Resul

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
LM_meta_description_issue_in_Google.png

Even though we've got a meta description snippet set in the Yoast config for the home page, Google doesn't seem to be picking it up

Since we are using toolset Content Templates for the homepage, saw that the css codes came from the CSS editor section.

Anything we can do about this? So the SEO meta description set on the page itself / Yoast will show on google result instead of the CSS code?

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all - After checking to debug the information you shared with us, I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Do you see any difference after ALL Toolset plugins update to latest version?

Hi Minesh

Thanks for the reply
Already updated all Toolset plugins to the latest versions

Will this help us fix the issue were having right now regarding the SEO meta description?

Will monitor it and wait for Google to index it

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - Please let us know. If your issue is not fixed - Please share wp-admin access details and I will check further.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Just a few days back we release a new version for the set of Toolset plugins. I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Regarding the original issue:
I most probably suspect its due to the custom CSS you added to the following view:
=> hidden link

I see the following custom CSS added to the above view's CSS box:

#popmake-2245 .selectdiv:after {
    content: '';
    background: url(<em><u>hidden link</u></em>);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    right: -2px;
    top: 13px;
    height: 34px;
    padding: 0 0px 0px 14px;
    position: absolute;
    pointer-events: none;
}

As you can see there is a direct link added with the same work you are searching for with google "little monkey hong kong" and there is the background URL added which contains the same keyword i.e. background: url(hidden link.....

I suggest you should try to remove the full background URL or for now, delete the CSS and allow google to index it and get back to me.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.