Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Selective use of Layouts with Avada integration

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have installed Layouts but I want to know if I can have layouts for some pages and the default templates that come with the theme for other pages

Solution:

Yes you can have some pages use layouts and others use the default template of your theme by selecting the template from the page settings.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dustinL-3 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I'm having a difficult time understanding the benefit of using Layouts with Avada. In most cases I'll be able to do everything I want with Avada, Types, Views, and no PHP coding. Adding Layouts seems like it will add an unnecessary complexity on to my project with minimal benefit. Is there something I'm missing? Can someone give examples of when the Layouts integration would be especially beneficial to use sitewide?

This brings me to my feature request: I'd like to have the option to enable Layouts only on select pages.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Lets me try and explain this in the best way I possibly can 🙂

The purpose of our layouts plugin as the name suggests is to create various layouts for your pages. This functionality goes as far as to customise your headers and footers in whatever way you want it to.

It frees you up to perform more customisation than would be possible with just the theme settings. Normally the level of customisation that our Layouts plugin offers would need to be done using PHP to modify the page templates themselves.

An example of how the layouts plugin would be beneficial would be:

Lets say you don't like how the footer is laid out with the default theme settings. With Layouts you are able to completely change how the footer is laid out and you can choose what you want to be in the footer or not.

Another one is that some themes have page templates that have sidebars that cannot be removed. Without Layouts plugin you can customise this page to have a sidebar or not.

Also you should already have the option to use a layouts template or one of the default theme templates.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you, Shane. I realized after creating the last ticket that I could use the default theme templates with Layouts.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.