Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Selection List not showing updated taxonomy

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
TaxonomyYears.jpg
AwardSearchYears.jpg

User added a new year for a search for a posting. When they try to search with the view it does not show this new year. I would expect it to show up because it was added to the taxonomy.

I expected to see: the selection list show the years added 2016, 2017

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this ?

Thanks,
Shane

This is not possible. I could setup a webex and look at it with you or I will have to send you the information that you require.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ed,

Unfortunately we are not able to do this.

An alternative is that you can provide me with a duplicate of the website by following the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Can you just let me know what you need to know and I will get you the answers/screen shots.

I am still looking into this, and it seems like it is only new posts that are not picked up. I changed a old one to use a one of the new years added and then the search would display the taxonomy. Not sure why it would not use a new posting.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ed,

Sure could you provide me with a screenshot of the view settings ?

Thanks,
Shane

AwardView4.png
AwardView3.png
AwardView2.png
AwardView1.png

I attached the images I believe you require. What are you trying to check? If I know I can make sure it is in images.

There a reason new posts would usually not be picked up?

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 10.28.44 AM.png

Hi Ed,

I'm actually trying to check out the filter setting because once you add a new term then it should automatically be added.

I know that in cases where you have your view custom search settings like this. See Screenshot

Then the items would not show up if they would not return any results but from what I can see your settings should allow these values to show up.

Getting a hands on look at the site would really speed this up. Is there any particular reason why i'm not able to get access ?

Another thing you can do is to try removing and re-adding the filters.

Thanks
Shane

The site is not currently public, no way for you to access it. That why I suggested WebEx that I can setup, and I could let you see the site.

Why would it only affect new posts? When I did change a old one the options showed up.

I am not positive where the options you are showing are located.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ed,

In events where we are not able to gain access to the site online we require a duplicator package so we can setup a copy locally.

https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This way I can look at it and see exactly whats wrong and to best advise.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.