Skip Navigation

[Closed] Selecting Toolset Maps Distance in a View Search Block

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to search on distance using a parent's address in a child view.

When you add toolset maps..distance in a view search field for a child view with a parent's address, the view loop changes and no longer shows the child post types.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist with this issue, I'll need to see how exactly your relationships are built and how the view and the map are configured. If you would allow me temporary access to your admin area, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Otherwise, I can create a new installation on our platform and allow you access to it to reproduce this issue.

Let me know what you would prefer! If it is fine to access your site, please ** make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal,

You will find the above problem on rvrally.net/home.

In addition, you will notice that I no longer have the ability to select a block and move it.

Gary

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Gary and thank you for the credentials.

From what I understand so far, you want to filter rally posts based on the distance from the parent posts "Parks" right?
This, actually, can't be done. Distance is based on locations or addresses. These are custom fields for posts. And we cannot, currently, filter some custom post types by custom fields on other custom post types.

But you can create a view that filters parks by distance, then you can use a nested view to display the children rally posts inside the loop of the parks' view.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any doubts or other questions.

Jamal,

Ignore the distance issue. Choose any park field and attempt to filter rallies based on a park field. It does not work.

Gary

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I will handle take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

First of all, when I login to your site I found that you are using Beta version for all Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

We do not recommend to use Beta version on production sites.

In addition to that - I do not see any frontend filters added to your view. Do you mean that you want to filter with the custom field "park"? is "park" custom field is belongs to rallies post type?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
If you agree - I can remove the beta version and install the latest stable Toolset plugins and integrate the map. Please let me know.

The topic ‘[Closed] Selecting Toolset Maps Distance in a View Search Block’ is closed to new replies.