Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Select Multiple or Checkbox Front Filter Not Working In Archive Views

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi Toolset,

I am trying to filter on the front end of the website on my archive view made from Toolset. I tried to add a select multiple filter and checkbox but it gives me no results when I try to filter by 2 or more counties. But when I filter by 1 county it works. Please see the video I put together.
Link: hidden link

Thank you,
Andrew

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I noticed that in the "Query Filter" section of the WordPress Archive view, the comparison type for the field's filter is set to "Equal to", which means that it will only bring in posts where all the selected custom field values exist.

To change the comparison type to "any of the values exist", you'll need to select "in" option:
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Unfortunately Nimbus is having issues with their website so I could not see the screenshot. However, in the query settings I set it to "In" and it is now working!

Is this what the screenshot said to do?

Thank you,
Andrew

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update Andrew and glad that it is working.

I can access the Nimbus screenshot now and that is exactly what it showed.
( i.e. select "In" for the comparison type in the query filter )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and or a new question/concern, please open a new ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.