Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Seeing a warning "The post reference field _ could not have been displayed here"

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by PaulS4783 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

See screenshot
hidden link

This ToolSet site has 3 post types.
- Auction Clients
- Auction Vehicles
- Client Payments

The "Auction Vehicles" and "Client Payments" records use Post Reference fields to associate with "Auction Clients".

When I update an "Auction Client" post from the dashboard I am seeing that warning message.
But it doesn't make any sense to me.

It says "In order to set the post reference, visit the edit post page".

Well, first of all, this IS the edit post page.
Second, this post type doesn't use a field called "Client Username".
That is the post reference fieldname used by "Auction Vehicles" and "Client Payments".

I didn't notice this until recently so it might be a Types plugin update bug?

refer-field.JPG

Hello,

I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, see my screenshot refer-field.JPG

So the problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins(especially some cache plugin), and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

The problem seems to have magically solved itself.
Caching issue perhaps?

But I am wondering about this message that always appears when I save a custom post:
hidden link

"Some of your settings for this page have changed, because they got copied from the Template for Auction Vehicles template. To change these settings you should edit Template for Auction Vehicles.

Modified settings: Primary Header, Post Title, Sidebar, Small Footer."

I am using Astra theme. Is this an issue to pursue with them?

The message you mentioned above is from Toolset Blocks/Views plugin, that means those settings are copied from another template "Template for Auction Vehicles template", if you want to change those settings, you need to follow the message to change it in that template.

the key point is that i just want the message to stop appearing.
How?

Did you follow the link in message to change it in that template?
If does not work, since it is a compatibility problem, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.