Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search using 2 categories possible?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martcol 11 years, 2 months ago.

Author

Lee

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a directory based site that has business listings that will each have 2 main categories 'area' and 'business type'. Is it possible to incorporate parametric search using two drop-drop menus of the 2 sets of categories? E.g. 'Restaurant' in 'London' = Results. And for this to also just show ALL businesses in London if only one category is chosen? I hope I'm making sense!

TIA

Lee

Lee

I've sussed the bulk of this by following the steps outlined here...

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/choose-a-category-with-parametric-search/

However, is it now possible to remove the search menus from my results page? I just want a page of results without the category search displayed at the top of them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Lee

Never mind, I've resolved this with CSS. 🙂

Any chance you could say how you resolved it with CSS?

That might help me.

Martin

Lee

Sure, Martin,

I simply added the following to my CSS file...

#post-70 .wpv-filter-form {
display: none!important;
}

post-70 being the id of the body on the page that my results appear on.

HTH 🙂

Thanks Lee,

I'm building a directory site too. Started out with Business Directory plugin but contemplating diving in to this Toolset. I find WPBDP a bit restrictive and difficult to control and I reckon that these tools might be a bit more involved but ultimately, will leave me with a better understanding of how the directory is put together.

Anyway, I would be interested to see a link to your site so that a) I can steal your ideas and b) see how you get along.

I have read that display: none is not a good thing especially for mobile sites. This is because the browser still has to call the content that you are not displaying, not that I know much about this stuff! And I also reckon that you should be able to achieve what you want with code in a template and that the people behind the plugin might come good for you in that respect. I would ask the question again.

Regards

Martin

Thanks

Martin

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.