Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search Results Not Displaying Product Images

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by CharlesB2907 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

The site I created using Toolset isn't displaying search image results.

I've contacted server support who is checking possible connections with server PHP or malware but I wanted to ask your assistance in regards to possible issues with the plugins.

Note: I also could not immediately access my Toolset support dashboard as well. When I clicked the account or My Support Tickets in the upper right of your site page, a forum ticket list display appeared with a blank header at the top and no link to create a new ticket.

Any help would be apreciated. Thank you.

mi 3.jpg
mi 2.jpg
mi 1.jpg

Attached are three screenshots pertaining to product images and how they no longer display on the front end.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Lets fix first of your site issue and then we will try to address your account issue.

This is really strange that you are not able to see search result or product image on your single product page. Can you please make sure that you are using latest Toolset plugins? If yes:

I will require problem URL where I can see the issue as well as access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

The issue was, you were using the image module of divi and it was not set to use the featured image. I've set the divi's image modue inside the loop item content template to use the feature image and I can see now it displays the image for each record:
=> hidden link

Can you please confirm it works as expected now.

I appreciate your assistance but something is still wrong.

First, the search results thumbnail images displayed in the link you provided were previously clickable and lead to the individual product page view, which still does not display a featured image.

Here is a link to the single product view that does not display an image for 1753 products: hidden link

Also, the link below is for an extended search for the Paintings On Canvas category but they no longer display images as well.

I do not know if this is another Divi > Toolset issue but this site did not have this problem originally.

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that we have limited integration with Divi, as we suggest to use Blocks instead of Divi builder. you can find all information about with the following Doc:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-divi/

As link was not working with image module of divi, I've replace the image module with Text module and within the text module I've added the following code:
=> hidden link

<a href="{!{wpv-post-url}!}"> {!{wpv-post-featured-image size="medium"}!}/a>

I've edit the single post content template that displays the single product and set the featured image with image module and I can see now image is displayed with single product posts:
=> hidden link

You can modify the featured image size as per your requirement, Can you please confirm it works as expected now.

Hello - Happy Holiday,

I created this website with Divi and Toolset before Blocks was introduced, so Blocks were not an option at the time. I am now trying to convert any Toolset related project that we have to Astra Pro and Blocks but I do not know how to approach converting this existing website.

Regarding the image loading issue, yes the images now appear on the single product pages and the Quick Serch results, but it still does not work for Extended search. If you select any "Catagory" from the first field of the extended search form posted below, all but the featured images will display:

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

I see the Extended search using the another view and the loop item content template you build using Divi and I've added the text module to the following loop item content template to display the image:
=> hidden link

a href="{!{wpv-post-url}!}"> {!{wpv-post-featured-image size="medium"}!}/a>

Can you please confirm you see the image with your extended search page.

I can see the extended search results now display - Thank you.

This is the third time that this site has been broken by conflicting updates.

I would like to close this ticket by asking if you can provide any information on how I can recreate this site using Astra Pro and Toolset Blocks?

I looked through the Toolset documents and tutorials but there is so much information I do not know where to begin. If you wanted to rebuild this same site with existing product files using Astra Pro and Toolset Blocks, where would you begin?

New threads created by Minesh and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-build-site-using-blocks/

Can you please help identify which Toolset view has the layout for the extended search?

There is a spacing issue at the top of the row that wasn't there before and I would like to try to correct it.

Minesh
Supporter

I suggest you should go first by creating a test site using the reference sites we offer on our free test platform http://www.discover-wp.com.

You will see all available reference sites here:
=> https://discover-wp.com/site-templates/

You can chose any of our reference site and create a test site.

If you want to install the same reference site on your local server, you should install the "Freamework Installer" plugin:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-framework-installer-to-install-reference-sites/

Many of our reference sites already build using different themes like GeneratePress, Astra, so you can check and plat with reference site and see how those sites are build as reference.

You many also would like to check the following course:
=> https://toolset.com/course/custom-woocommerce-sites/

Minesh
Supporter

This is the view used for extended search:
=> hidden link

Screenshot_1.jpg

Thank you for the reference links. I will begin following them immediately. I'm looking forward to the fresh approach with Blocks.

There was never a top margin issue with this view before and I'm not sure how to correct it. Would it be as simple as adding a Divi spacer module at the top?

Would it be possible for you to transfer your information about the rebuild to a new ticket?

Minesh
Supporter

Ok, I've added the following div which adds the bottom margin as spacer to the Loop Editor section of the following view:
=> hidden link

<div style="margin-bottom:100px;"></div>

Can you please confirm it works as expected now. 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.