Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search results appear cropped

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
search-2-7.JPG

Hello, guys.

I am having an issue that may have to do with my theme, but I was wondering if you could help a bit.

I set up an archive search here: hidden link.
When I click submit, the results always come up cropped at the end of the page over the footer (like the attached image). If I reload that same results page, they appear normally.
Is there a way to fix this?

Please note that we only have "serif" fonts now, so use them for checking.

Thank you very much!
Andreas

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I can see the issue, it occurs when the filter results are updated via ajax, if you were to use page refresh then they would display correctly.

That's not supposed to happen, though, so I'd like to look into why it does.

First, can you check whether the same happens when you switch to a standard theme like twentytwenty? That way we can quickly determine whether the problem is theme-specific or not.

To save time, let me get site credentials from you if that's okay so that I can verify how you have this set up. From what I can see in the markup on the front-end it looks like you used masonry as the output format for your custom archive.

I will mark your next reply as private. You may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I see that the same thing happens if I switch theme to twentytwenty, so I created my own test site to verify that it happens independent of your site.

The problem occurs specifically when using Masonry layout and ajax pagination, and the issue has already been fixed by the developers. The fix will be included in the next update of Blocks (expected towards the end of this month).

As a workaround I suggest you use a different layout format, e.g. grid, or have results update via page reload rather than ajax.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.