Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search result page shows no results

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I´ve created a custom search / search result page and after hitting submit button I see no results at the search results. I´ve to hit the submit button again the search results page, then the results are displayed.

It worked some time ago without hitting the button again. All infos and how I´ve created the custom view / results you will find in this tickets:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-another-filter-at-custom-view-page/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/set-filter-to-required/

Can you please tell me, what is wrong with this view?

Regards,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rainer,

The issue here is being caused by the filters themselves.

Could you remove each of the filters and re-add them back in their default state?

Example like this.

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]
<div class="form-group">
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Planertypen[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="planertyp" type="radios" url_param="wpv-planertyp"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Bundesländer[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="bundesland" type="radios" url_param="wpv-bundesland"]
</div><div class="form-group">
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Schwerpunkte[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="schwerpunkt" type="radios" url_param="wpv-schwerpunkt"]
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Dachformen[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="dachform" type="radios" url_param="wpv-dachform"]
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Projektarten[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="projektart" type="radios" url_param="wpv-projektart"]
</div>[wpv-filter-submit output="bootstrap"][/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

This is with no fancy classes added. I've tried this on a test view I made here hidden link and it works.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

thanks, but your view doesn´t have a two step filtering and the search results are not present at another page, but on the same page. Could a toolset update has broken anything?

Regards,

Ah, Edit filter and resaving them solved the problem - however.

Hi,

I´ve found a related problem: the search parameters works when I hit the first submit button. On the search results page there is another search button with another filter. If I hit "Planer suchen" again at the search results page I get all results - so the previous set search parameters are ignored once I hit the submit at "All" again.

Is this the default behaviour? How can I solve this?

Regards,

Shane
Supporter

Hi Rainer,

What you can do is to remove all the css and js from the view.

I noticed that after I started adding the css and js, thats when it started to break.

So I would recommend removing them and trying, I've added the conditional to the view to allow for the 2 step but it should be noted that its not a real 2 step.

This is because once the filter is done again it won't filter from the results being displayed but from the entire list of posts.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

thanks. OK, this solution makes no sense. Can you tell me, if such a ja framework would work with toolset in order to filter the search results: hidden link

Regards,

Shane
Supporter

Hi Rainer,

It should be possible to do this because toolset does allow this flexibility, however it would be out of our support scope to assist with integrating this.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.