Skip Navigation

[Closed] Search result

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello
I use a view on a real estate site where clients freely indicate the city of their choice in the filter.
If there is no match, the view automatically returns a message: 'no corresponding product ".
And therefore no product is displayed.
Is it possible to ensure that when no products corresponding to a chosen city are displayed all products instead of no products.
thank you for your help.
Kind regards

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes, it is possible. Create a second view that do not have any filters and which should return all results, and include it with a shortcode by replacing the "no corresponding product" message with the view shortcode:

[wpv-view name="name or slug of the view"]

Read more about this shortcode and its attributes here https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-154377

Hello Jamal
Thank you for your answer. it works very well that's exactly what I wanted as a result.
However, I have a small bug: the 3 column layout is not done correctly ... and part of the text appears in bold when the page loads and resumes its normal style on the scroll.
Could you help me. I can give you access to the site if necessary
Kind regards
Harold

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Harold,

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Can you provide more details about these issues so I can understand better? Please add a screenshot or a screencast that shows these problems:
- the 3 column layout is not done correctly
- part of the text appears in bold when the page loads and resumes its normal style on the scroll.

Capture_4.jpg
Capture_1.jpg
Capture_2.jpg
Capture _3.jpg

Hello Jamal
Sorry for responding so late, but I had some emergencies to deal with.
On capture 1 (before search) everything appears correctly. On capture 2, after indicating a city, the blue text of the result is displayed in strong and when I scroll down it returns to normal (capture 3). finally on capture 4, the penultimate column should go up.
I hope this is more understanding.
thank you for your help

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Harold,

It seems that you forgot the share credentials to your site to let me check this further. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Please, also, share the URL where we can see this view. Your screenshots do not include a URL, and I don't know how big is your site and if I can find the view easily.

The topic ‘[Closed] Search result’ is closed to new replies.