Skip Navigation

[Closed] Search or pagination function break display

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pierre.s 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: pierre.s.

Author

Views display works fine. However once we run a search or pagaination our video player/mp3 player break. They work fine without search or pagination. More details below in "private"

Can you please setup this thread to post private information? Thank you.

The site is protected and I would prefer to post this privately on the forum. I do not see the link on the "reply to" page to do this.

pierre.s
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message!

Your next reply will be private.

Regards,
Pierre

Thanks. It still shows public.

pierre.s
Supporter

Can you see a private reply now?

pierre.s
Supporter

Hello Sammut,

Maybe you didn't received my previous reply.
Do you manage to see a private reply?

Regards,
Pierre

pierre.s
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message!

I tested the search on your site and I think we have 2 cases:

#1 Audio blocks
Audio block are simply hidden. I don't know why, but it's just a CSS issue. An easy workaround is to add this CSS rule:

.wp-audio-shortcode {
    visibility: visible!important;
}

#2 Video blocks
The FV plugin suggest that the JavaScript is broken but I don't see any JS errors actually,

Finally, I managed to reproduce this issue on my test site, but it goes fine when I use a full page refresh on search.

I think the Ajax is the reason why these features doesn't work. Usually, after having refreshed the content with the AJAX results, we should fire some function to make the audio/video plugins handle those new elements in the DOM.

With the JS library embedded with WordPress (mediaelement.js), I found a workaround which is to fire this function when the search results are refreshed with Ajax.

In the custom JS, add this function:

function init_ajax_audio_video() {
  jQuery( 'video, audio' ).mediaelementplayer();
}

Then, for "How do you want to update the results?" select "Let me choose individual settings manually". In the advanced settings, add the function "init_ajax_audio_video" to "will run after updating the results". This setup should fix case 1 and 2.

As you are using a 3rd part plugin (FV or JW), I am not sure of which function to fire to init the audio/video elements again. Maybe you can get information from the plugin's support.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Pierre

The topic ‘[Closed] Search or pagination function break display’ is closed to new replies.