Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search on a map

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello, how are you?

On my website, I have a register of teachers, which I am displaying on a map (using the toolset views and maps).

I have some filters, such as: teacher's name, mini bio and some filters with taxonomies, such as: specialties. Everything working perfectly.

However, my client would like to have a search field by smart address, that is, a field where he can type: street, neighborhood, city, country or postal code and make the query by any of these parameters. It's possible?

I already searched your site, but I couldn't find it.

Can you help me with that?

Hello,

It is possible with distance filter, for example, you can try these:
1) Create a custom add address field, register it to your custom post type "teachers"
2) Edit each "teachers" post, setup their address field value
3) Follow our document to setup the distance filter in your post view:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/filtering-and-ordering-map-markers-by-distance/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.