Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search functionality not working properly

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 11 months ago.

Author

I am added a search functionality in a slider on my home page. Please check this link hidden link
The very first slider is a Search Courses slide. The name of the view is Home Search. I have set it to show results on another page named Search Results. I have also added the shortcode in that page.

But if you take a look at the frontend hidden link
You can type any course name in the search box: for example: ccna and hit Search, but nothing happen. The page just refreshes. It doesn't go to another page and display the results.

Also by default if you use the inspect element tool and hover right below the Search box, you will see tens of rows automatically present in the html markup. That is actually showing all the courses for some reason.

Please check this out and help me with it.

I cannot use that Search as it constantly starts to slide away.
I am honestly not sure it's the best idea to put the search in an automated slider.

I barely was able to Type "cd.." and it stopped accepting input so to slide away.
In the page mentioned all I see is a View that displays all results (Home slider)
It has a Custom Search with Pagination inputs and a Loop output styled thru a Content Template
That displays the post body of each post.

I do not see where and how you inserted the split view.

However, it's explained here how to do it:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/#4-1-adding-the-custom-search-form-to-a-page-or-widget

There is as well a BUG related to it:
https://toolset.com/errata/separating-a-view-into-a-search-form-and-results-in-views-cell-duplicates-the-form/

Basically, if you insert this with Toolset Layouts, it may be that the source code is not properly added.
view_display=”layout” and the search may not be defined in the ShortCode added.

But I am not sure if that applies here as I do not see how the View is added to the Search displaying its results on another page.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.