Skip Navigation

[Resolved] search form isnt searching

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to let the results from the search appear underneath the search form, that's done but when I search the results don't change to suit my search. I want the manufacturers, body types and transmission to show results from that category

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I followed a youtube tutorial

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
tilao.website

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Can you give me a specific example of what you are searching for and what you expect to be displayed for that particular search, because I don't understand the issue well enough from your question.

I searched Hyundai, hatchback, and automatic, I was expecting the results just to show a specific product from the keywords used. but the result didn't change/ refresh to show the products.

I used this video as a guide in creating my views; hidden link

you can try searching for any vehicle on the list to see if the search engine will provide results.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I can see the results are not updating, but I'd need to take a look at how you set it up to see why.

Can I get access to the site?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

I checked your site and it's not obvious why it's not working.

It's related to updating via ajax. Changing the Views settings to update the results via page refresh works correctly, it is only when the ajax setting is used that there is a problem.

But on my local test site those settings work in a similar context, where you insert the View into a page made with Elementor, splitting the results and search form.

Do you have a staging site for testing?

To rule out potential conflicts with other plugins or the theme can you please disable all plugins except Elementor and Toolset plugins, and switch theme to twentytwenty and then re-test, with the View set to update via ajax. If it works, then it should be possible to determine the source of a conflict by a process of elimination.

If it still doesn't work I may need to take a copy of your site for testing, but let me know first about the no-conflict test.

By the way, I already deactivated several Toolset plugins which you have installed but don't need (Layouts, Module Manager, and Framework Installer).

okay, I will try it and update you.

I just finished testing the search form in the staging mode with twentytwenty theme and it didn't work with "AJAX results update when visitors change any filter values", but it worked with "Full page refresh when visitors click on the search button with input values auto-updating". So I changed it to "Full page refresh when visitors click on the search button with input values auto-updating", I changed it, it worked on the main website.

Thanks very much, God bless you for your help!

A question, though the products don't have individual pages on their own, can I have the search link the search results to their woo generated pages?

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 07.47.13.png

You just want to link to the individual product posts?

Instead of outputting the post title, you can output the post title as a link...

See the screenshot, using the Single Field block to output the the title which links to the individual post.

(You could also, for example, use a Heading block and use the same dynamic source.)

yes, I want to link them to individual product posts. But one problem is that the product posts are generated by woocommerce and they are not individual posts.

Nigel
Supporter

I don't understand that, because WooCommerce works with single product posts, but in any case as you are linking to them—however they are created—the question would be what is the URL for the individual products?

If it is the standard product URL, then "Post title with a link" will generate the correct link. Did you try it? What happens?

It worked, Sir. Thanks very much. God bless you!

Nigel
Supporter

Glad to help, let me close here (you can mark a thread as resolved yourself once your problem has been addressed).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.