Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search form does not filter results correctly

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
capture_002_29062016_193640.jpg
capture_001_29062016_193556.jpg

I am trying to: filter my products with a parametric search on my product archive page.

I visited this URL:hidden link

I expected to see: when I select a product category in the top drop down box, the products filter correctly. i.e. when I select bowls, only bowls appear in the product grid below. But when I select additional filters, for example "wood = cherry" instead of seeing only the bowls available in cherry, I see all product categories available in cherry.

When I set up the query filters I chose to filter them so that they would show the results that are from the the product category "AND" of the item attribute "wood = cherry"
I set the search up using an archive cell.

I am not sure what is wrong. It used to work properly and now it does not.

Thanks in advance,
Tom A

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to review your setup in order to help you further.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortuantely FTP/SFTP details you provided is not working at this end.

Could you please resend it?

Minesh
Supporter

I tried both ways but still I'm not able to connect to FTP.

Could you please check if you have any IP blacklist or country wise blocking?

Please resend FTP so I can take further steps:

Minesh
Supporter

I tried to replicate same problem on our reference site but I could not able to.

Could you please create test site here with Woocommerce:
http://discover-wp.com/register/?site_type=660

You will have test site realdy with latest Toolset plugins + WooCommrce, you just need to edit the product category archive to reproduce your issue.

Once you able to duplicate same problem, Could you please send me steps to duplicate it.

More info:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-and-why-to-create-a-test-site-in-discover-wp/

capture_001_05072016_081451.jpg
capture_002_05072016_081520.jpg
capture_003_05072016_081543.jpg
capture_004_05072016_081602.jpg

hi Minesh,
I set up the test site as you asked.
Here are the steps used to replicate the problem I am having.

I changed some of the products to variable products.
I set up some more product attributes and used them to create product variations.
I set up a new product archive page with a parametric search ( in an archive cell" using a layout called "Product Category Archive".
I created queries for the attributes "color", "size", "material" and "gender" in the parametric search.
All queries are set to use the URL parameter.

I placed a widget cell on the top of the layout to filter the products by category using a woocommerce widget.

I see the same issue on the test site as on my live site.
If you go to a product archive page on the test site, for instance:
hidden link

filter by color, choose black. you will return a black handbag.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please send me access of discover-wp.com test site and I'll escalate this issue to our next level support.

Minesh
Supporter

I've escalated your issue to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

will I be hearing from you soon?

It has been several weeks, will you be getting back to me soon?

Minesh
Supporter

Hello Tom,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused. This issue is reported to our developers and this will be fixed with next release of views version 2.2.

Please hold on for further updates. Thank you for your patience.

when do you expect to release views version 2.2?

Minesh
Supporter

Right now we have the schedule it to release in mid of the August. Exceptions are applicable.

Minesh
Supporter

I've good news for you. We've recently released new Toolset plugin versions.

Could you please update all Toolset plugins to its latest released version and try to resolve your issue. You can download latest plugins from your account's download section.

More info:
https://toolset.com/2016/08/toolset-2-2-adds-beaver-builder-integration-relevanssi-integration-new-layouts-cells-permission-based-access-control/

Hi Minesh,
I installed the update. Filtering was working better, but still not 100% correct. When I go to a product page.

hidden link

and filter the wood type the filter works correctly. for instance if I filter the goblets for pear wood, I get only goblets and only goblets in pear wood.

But one of the filter queries is supposed to filter out any item that has a stock quantity of less than 1, I do not want customers to see out of stock items. This filter does not work. I should not see item 219-220, 2 cups in pear wood.

Also I notice today that the entire filter box does not work at all in firefox or chrome browser. None of the filters work at all, and the reset button does not work. I tested this on 2 different systems with the same non responsive results. Every thing works fine on microsoft edge browser though. I checked settings in the browser and made sure that javascript is turned on, and it is.
It was working earlier, I am not sure what changed.

I copied the updated site to my staging area so you can check it out in the same location I had given earlier.

thanks
tom a

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.