Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search form does not filter results correctly

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomA-4 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
capture_001_18082016_092146.jpg

I am trying to:Please see a prior support thread I started several weeks ago. titled "Search form does not filter results correctly" Minesh handled it. He sent it to a higher tier of support and I was told the issue would be resolved with the next update of views. I have installed views 2.1.1 and the problem persists. I had provided access to my staging area to Minesh earlier so he could check out the setup. Let me know if you need the log ins again.

To repeat the problem: On my product archive pages I use a search form to filter the produces shown. I have fields for wood, color, size, etc. Also the results are supposed to filter so that only items with a quantity greater than or equal to 1 appear. I do not want out of stock items to show.

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
when I select pear in the wood drop-down box. the products listed do filter to show only products made in pear wood. But they are no longer filtered by category. Instead of seeing only cups and goblets, I see any product made from pear wood no matter what its product category. also, products with 0 qty. appear for example (Cups (2) in Pear Wood - item 219-220)

I am using a layout called "Copy of Product Category Archive" for the product archive pages which has a WordPress Archive Cell for the search form.

my site is hosted with WP Engine and I use Max CDN

Hello Tom,

I’m Mohammed, Toolset support team leader.I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've checked your previous ticket and checked our internal queues.
I found that this will be addressed in the next Views release 2.2 not 2.1.1 because 2.1.1 was launched to fix very urgent issues.

Could you please close this ticket and follow with the other one?

This will be better and will give the issue higher priority.

Thanks.

thanks Mohammed.
I thought the first ticket was closed. when will views 2.2 be released?

We are about to finish the QA. So, It's scheduled to be launched the next week.

I will use the first ticket for any follow up.
thanks
tom a

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.