Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search field is cleared on ajax auto pagination

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Have a view with pagination enabled and automatic AJAX transition.
The view has a filter with a searchbox.
This combination is very unfortunate (especially on mobile devices) because the search field is cleared on the transition.
Meaning that the user doesn't have time to finish the entry of the search term before the field is cleared.
The search entry field should be "protected" ...

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Tina

I tested this and reproduced the problem.

I have escalated it to our second tier so that they can discuss a solution with the developers, and I'll update you when I hear back from them.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Tina

We are reviewing old threads to see which outstanding issues can be moved fowards or closed.

Re-testing this issue with the current plugins my colleague confirms it still happens.

But they also propose the workaround of extending the time interval for the slider, which allows more time to type search terms.

This is said in the context of the size of the existing demands on the development team. As the lack of updates since this was reported attests, there is little likelihood of this UX issue receiving much attention soon, and the suggestion is to close this.

If you want to pursue this I'll add that to the internal ticket, but I shoud caution that you shouldn't expect much progress in the near term.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.