Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Rogue tag appearing in Layout

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.17 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
What I’m trying to get is a tight layout of 4 <div> blocks that touch in the corners and have no gap between them.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Also see my explainer here: hidden link

I expected to see:
No gaps.

Instead, I got:
Gaps formed by a rogue <p></p> tag that is being inserted somehow. I've turned off automatic paragraphs in Layouts. I've also scanned my functions.php file to see if something there might be inserting <p> tags, but I didn't see anything.

Any help is welcome. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please tell me how you are trying to edit Layout and save it.
- Do you edit the Layout from Frontend and saving it?
- Do you edit and save the Layout from backend?
- Is this Layout is content Layout to display specific page/post?

Hi Minesh:

Thanks for your reply. To answer your question, I am editing the Layout on the backend. The Layout is specific to each page, using your Layouts plugin. (I know it's better practice now to use Gutenberg for Page layouts, but I'm still working the old way for this one).

Does that help?

Kind regards, Russell

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

ok - this is known the issue. We already have an internal ticket where this issue is reported. I will add your voice to that ticket and get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

OK, that would be great if you could let me know ASAP. Thanks!

visual-editor-cell.JPG

Hello,

Minesh is on vacation, I will take care this ticket.

I have checked it in our to-do list, it is in "Escalated to developers" status, our developers are working on it, but I am not sure when will it be fixed.

Currently, I suggest you try these:
create another visual editor cell to replace the content template cell, in the new "a visual editor cell", enable below options:
- Disable automatic paragraphs
- Disable the_content filter
See screenshot: visual-editor-cell.JPG

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 12.41.30.png

Hi there:

Thanks for your reply. Do I need to create a *new* visual editor cell, or can I just enable those options in my existing visual editor cells? I've ticked the boxes you suggested — see attached.

For the moment, things look good, but issue comes up, then disappears — I can't make sense of it.

I hope your developers can get the issue fixed with time.

Thanks! Russell

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 17.09.52.jpg
Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 17.10.48.png

Hi there. I don't know if this is related, but sometimes paragraph breaks are missing from where I *do* want them at the same time I'm seeing the unwanted paragraphs mentioned above.

For example on this page:
hidden link

… at the bottom are two images of people (attached). In the text below their pictures, a paragraph break should should be there is missing. When I look in the editor, the markup is correct. See other attached pics.

I realised I've check 'disable automatic paragraphs' and 'disable the_content filter' in my visual editor box, but Toolset is acting really erratically where I can't tell if these settings are having an effect or on. Sometimes after I save a Layout and go view it in a browser, it looks fine. When I come back to it, it looks bad.

Not sure what's going on.

Thanks! Russell

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sometimes-paragraph-breaks-are-missing/

Do I need to create a *new* visual editor cell, or can I just enable those options in my existing visual editor cells?
You can try both, just need to use a visual editor cell to replace the content template cell, and enable those two options in visual editor cell.

- Disable automatic paragraphs
- Disable the_content filter

For other new question, please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sometimes-paragraph-breaks-are-missing/

We prefer one thread one question.

I just moved away from Layouts to build the pages and the issue has gone away. Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.