Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Rich Result Tests

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I seek some assistance with Structured Data and Rich Test Results. I marked this up a while ago for a custom post type prints. I was using this tool to test:

hidden link

You can test with this URL to see my structured data.
hidden link

That works but I note that Google is deprecating this service and pointing to the Rich Results Test instead:
hidden link

The problem now is that this tool suggests that the page is not eligible for rich results and when you view the details it lists many plugins and my child themes.

I note that the standard structured data that is run via the Rank Math SEO plugin seems to function and get registered by the Rich Results Tests.

I even tried this solution by Aleš Sýkora:

hidden link

Note my custom post type is configured by Toolset and my initial set up was to embed the following into a Divi code module:

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
"@context": "hidden link",
"@type": "VisualArtwork",
"name": "[wpv-post-title]",
"artEdition": "[types field='edition-size' format='FIELD_NAME: FIELD_VALUE'][/types]",
"artMedium": "fine art print: etching, carborundum ",
"creator": [
{
"@type": "Person",
"name": "Stephen Vaughan"
}
]
}
</script>
<script type="application/ld+json">
{
"@context": "hidden link",
"@type": "PriceSpecification",
"price": "[types field='recommended-retail-price' format='FIELD_VALUE'][/types]",
"priceCurrency": "EUR"
}
</script>

If you view source on the page it does render and does pass on the older structured data test page.

Similarly, using Aleš Sýkora solution adjusted to my schema, it rendered in the View Page Source but equally failed on the newer Rich Results Test.

Google suggests that it relates page loading issues, errors that it perceives as junk?

Looking through what is flagged, I have turned off associated plugins but this doesn't resolve the issue.

Obviously I can't disable Toolset Blocks, listed as one of the culprits, as this is required.

I do note other errors flagged like reCaptcha and others relating to Google fonts.

I also notice that with my usual theme/plugin configuration enabled it flags my child theme and certain plugins but as I disable each of these it picks up on the main Divi theme.

To be honest when I reset my usual configuration just now Google flagged a really short list suggesting this is random. And when I tested again after that there were no loading issues, just the message: Page not eligible for rich results known by this test

This may be outside the scope of Toolset, but if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Dare I say, could it be that Google's tools are a bit off at the moment?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

If we check the details of the report, there are 3 javascript files that are not loaded, and several Javascript errors because jQuery(3rd file is not loaded) hidden link

This happens with the Googlebot smartphone agent. If we use the Desktop agent we got different errors, and other Javascript files unloaded. hidden link

I think that's just an issue with the new Google Tool. It possibly requires the page to be light and load minimal Javascript files.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jamal, I will go investigate.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

You are welcome, Stephen.

I'll set this ticket as waiting for your feedback, which will keep it open for 3 weeks until you mark it as resolved or you get back to us for further assistance.

All the best,
Jamal

Hi Jamal,

going by what you say regarding he new Google Tool. It possibly requires the page to be light and load minimal Javascript files, I tend to agree. It seems to be more particular about this.

As I am only using the custom schema on my own site I am not going to worry too much about this. For other sites that I manage for Artists and crafts people I am generally using the WooCommerce product type for their work. For some reason Rank Maths implementation of the schema seems to succeed to some degree. I see Rank Math Pro now has the ability to set up custom schemas but at this stage it is too soon for me to personally to invest in the annual fee.

I checked a sample product page from two sites I work on:

hidden link

And:

hidden link

Leiko's items tend to fair little better than Liam's but WooCommerce product schema doesn't specify as well as a hand-rolled custom schema.

All this does highlight a number of things in our online world and Google. Their definition of certain things are quite rigid and not always correct. First off in general they seem to think that individuals and small businesses have the time and budgets to implement and administer ratings, descriptions reviews and the SKU, which for many artists would be meaningless.

The other thing would be a personal gripe of mine. You do know that Google considers a fine art print as something that comes out of a high end ink jet printer (cheating) and not from a studio with a traditional press and somebody with dirty inky hands. You can see why I am a bit cynical. 🤨 😎

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.