Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Revisions / versioning in types?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author

Hi,

I've built a site with types that has hundreds of items with file attachments using type's files - which is fine.

However, when the client wants to change the file, the old one needs to be kept as a revision and a new one uploaded - how can this be achieved?

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Unfortunately custom fields are not tracked in WordPress revisions, because this is an extremely (and it really be extremely) expensive thing. The postmeta table is usually quite loaded by itself as to hold revisions for all postmeta for all posts when they get updated.

This does not resolve your issue but I hope the reason I have given you is valid one.

Hi,

Understandable, at least by default. Surely there's an option to turn this on?

That to the side, it really needs to be feature of the file field.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

However as said it will not be possible for now but still please allow me to consult our developers and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

I have reported your feature request to our concern department for assessment. Please be patient, they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Your feature request has been forwarded to our development team, I'm closing this thread now.