Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Results filtered in columns

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a View that shows results from two post types. I would like to show the results in two different columns, organized by post type.

Solution: Since there is no post type filter in Views, the best solution is to use two separate Views.
- View 1 will show Houses, and View 2 will show Apartments.
- The two Views should use exactly the same filters, including the same URL parameters. The easiest way to make sure is to create View 1 first, get it working right, then Duplicate View 1, change the post type, and save it as View 2.
- In the Loop Output editor, build the list of results in a single column.
- Insert View 1 showing both the filters and results, and insert View 2 after that, showing only results.
- Use CSS to move the two Views into columns.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by miguelG-5 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Untitled-1.jpg

Hello,

I would like to filter the results in 2 columns (See picture enclosed), after a search 2 different columns will show the results .

I tried this (type="1" ) shortcode attribute, but it doesn't work.

Do you have an ideas ?

<div class="row">
[wpv-item index=1]
<div class="col-sm-6">[wpv-post-body view_template="Annuaire" type="1" ]</div>
[wpv-item index=2]
<div class="col-sm-6">[wpv-post-body view_template="Annuaire" type="2"]</div>
</div>

Thanks for your help

I would like to filter the results in 2 columns (See picture enclosed), after a search 2 different columns will show the results .
Hello, since there is no post type filter in Views, the best solution is to use two separate Views.
- View 1 will show Houses, and View 2 will show Apartments.
- The two Views should use exactly the same filters, including the same URL parameters. The easiest way to make sure is to create View 1 first, get it working right, then Duplicate View 1, change the post type, and save it as View 2.
- In the Loop Output editor, build the list of results in a single column.
- Insert View 1 showing both the filters and results, and insert View 2 after that, showing only results.
- Use CSS to move the two Views into columns.

Let me know if you have questions about this and I can give you some more details.

Thank you Christian

It worked like a charm

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.