Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Restricted members area page

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasK-12 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Toolset chat support ticket created by thomasK-12 on 2021-03-06 12:49:20

I am following these document;
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-custom-login-forms/
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/restricting-access-to-pages/

I have created a page that only needs to be accessible to paid members (/members). The Woocommerce plugin has been installed, a product has been loaded, and my signup form goes to the checkout.

The signup and login page (/membership-signup) has been copied into a Content Template (reusable blocks).

The '/members' page has been added to the menu,

However, after following the rest of your guides;
- The 'Members' menu link disappears,
- When editing the Access and creating a Posts Groups, I am unable to select the Content Template - Signup/Login that I created

What I am trying to achieve is having a menu link called Members that take you to the Members page, if you are not logged in, it takes your to the login/signup page to purchase a subscription.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

After building the copy on my local server, the issue was not reproduced. I was able to choose the content template as a fallback for guest users without issues.

I thought it is some cache issue, so, I migrated your website to our online servers and the issue was not reproducible. I was able to choose the content template and it was successfully used for guest users.

So, I went back to your website and I was also able to choose the content template and it worked for guest users. Check this screenshot hidden link

I suspect that your server has some kind of cache that prevented us, yesterday, to choose the content template. And that also was causing the redirect for guest users.

Please check again on the members' page while not logged-in to confirm that the issue is not present anymore.
hidden link

Hello

Thank you for such a speedy reply, and thank you for going the extra mile in your support, it is highly appreciated.

You are correct, I am able to use prebuild Content Templates as a fallback for Guests in the Access > Post Groups. This will reinforce my other solution mentioned below

I will ask our server chap to update me with any cache systems we have in place.

In the meantime I have also managed to achieve exactly what I wanted with these plugins you suggested;

If Menu - Visibility control for menu items (to hide the signup/login page after logging in)
Peter's Login Redirect (to take the logged in members to the members area)
Redirection (for the default product being displayed for direct URL traffic)

The budget was not there for to purchase WooCommerce Subscriptions so I use 'YITH WooCommerce Subscription' instead - This required both 'Allow customers to place orders without an account' and 'Allow customers to log into an existing account during checkout' to be enabled under the 'WooCommerce > Accounts & Privacy' settings (everything else unchecked).

Thank you again, I hope this helps other users as well.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you very much for this feedback. I am glad I could be of help.

Feel free to open a new ticket for any issue or question. And please mark this one as resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.