Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Restrict number of posts per user #2

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

This is about this ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/restrict-number-of-posts-per-user/

I have the View
The filter
and a weird result : )

Probably I ll need to share my credentials to see what is happening.

I tried to re create this page with the steps mentioned but could not

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes please provide me with access so that I can see what is happening.

However can you clarify what is meant by "a weird result : )" so that I can know exactly what i'm to look out for.

Please send the link to the page where the issue can be seen as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dimitris,

As Christian mentioned the block is suppose to remain empty. This is because if a user has posts nothing will show up. If they do not have any posts they will get the section "No Results Found" and in this case you've added the form to the No results found section.

This will allow the form to display this no results found section.

Also could you review the login details that you've sent me ? I'm getting an error 404 for the login link that you've sent.

Thanks,
Shane

I am sorry please try again now

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dimitris,

Not sure what is generating the weird icon but what is it that you want to display on the restrict page?

hidden link

If you let me know then I can properly advise on a solution.

Thanks,
Shane

I want to recreate it in the restrict page, please tell me the exact steps.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Shane is on vacation this week.

I was looking to offer some help, but looking back over the thread it's not entirely clear to me what you are aiming to achieve.

You have asked for exact steps in your last comment, but could we get a clear specification of what you want to achieve?

Hi, I'm following up on Shane's tickets while he is on vacation. Can you give me some more details about what you want to achieve?

Hi Christian,

I want to do the same thing in another page but I am missing the steps. Plus I would like to make the whole account page to make sense, similar to this site's (toolset) .

user logins
he sees the my account page which includes the 'add listing link' which either displayes the form or the edit link.

What do you think?

edit-link.png
pending-review-query-filter.png

If you only want to allow your users to create one Crew post, there is a problem in your current setup. The "Crew Add" Form is set up to create posts in "Pending Review" status:
hidden link

However, the View used to display the Form or Crew posts is not set up to search for Crew posts in the Pending Review status, only for Crew posts in the Publish status. Therefore, the User is currently able to create multiple Crew posts, because by default the View does not "count" Pending Review posts, it only counts Published posts. Until one of the Crew posts is published, the Form will continue to be displayed instead of the Crew post and edit link. To fix this problem, I edited the View and added a post status Query Filter. I enabled all statuses except "trash", so the pending posts will be "counted" by the View. This will prevent Users from being able to create more than one post while their first post is Pending Review. See the new query filter set up in pending-review-query-filter.png for the View here:
hidden link

This page works hidden link but I get 2 edit links and some question marks
I'm still not really sure I understand what you want to achieve here, but for now I have deleted the extra content from the loop and updated the loop style so it's easier to see things. I added the post title to the edit link as well so you can see the name of the crew post. See edit-link.png for a visual representation. The shortcode is now:

[toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='edit-crew-posts-content-template' target='self']Edit %%POST_TITLE%%[/toolset-edit-post-link]

That will display a link to edit the Crew post.

Take a look now, hopefully this clarifies things a bit.

Thank you Christian, I will try again, quick question , how did you add the edit link exactly?

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 12.57.19 PM.png

Hi Dimitris,

The edit link was added to the page by going using the Toolset form button on either the classic editor block or the fields and text block.

If you click on the Toolset forms button and search for Edit, you will see the option appear to add the edit form link . See my screenshot.

Please let me know if this clarifies how the edit link was added.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.