Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Restrict Access To Specific Team Members Only

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok fine - thank you.

Hello Minesh... Sent over a couple emails but no response. I did figure out what you were wanting me to do for access. Still need to look at your test site further as it is not totally clear to me.

Minesh
Supporter

Hi Dave,

Sorry but I show your email once that you do not know how to add IP to hosts. Could you please tell me whats not clear to you?

Please let us know if you need video call.

Hello Minesh... While I appreciate the demo, it was a little convoluted, seems there is some other things going on there. That being said I spent some time with it and believe I get your approach.

So it looks like the admin will first have to make users available to the webinar through a relational field on the back end. Kind of makes sense when creating a new Webinar but could not figure out how to add or remove Participants via the edit link.

It would be helpful if you could either provide access to the actual setup or an explanation as to the overall implementation.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Minesh
Supporter

So it looks like the admin will first have to make users available to the webinar through a relational field on the back end. Kind of makes sense when creating a new Webinar but could not figure out how to add or remove Participants via the edit link.
==>
On backend and frontend if you logged in with "projectmanager" user you will see the dropdown for users with role "team_member", so if you are "projectmanager", you can assign "team_member" to webinar while adding or editing.

It would be helpful if you could either provide access to the actual setup or an explanation as to the overall implementation.
===>
Well - we provide you actual setup only to demonstrate projectmanager and team member role.

Hello Minesh... Things are still a little unclear. Before we do a video conference I am going to completely rebuild my test site using what I believe to be the approach you are getting at along with other needs relating to this topic.

I so appreciate how helpful the Toolset team is and the support you offer. Want to be sure I am as up to speed as possible before doing a video conference, want to be mindful and respectful of your time.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine - please collect your requirements and update us when you would like to have call.

Hello Minesh... I received a notice from the CleanupBot. If you could keep the thread open a little while longer I would appreciate it, still in the process of rebuilding my test site from the ground up.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.