Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Restrict access to page view

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I setup a WP page with a View that shows a list with posts of CPT1 which is created by subscribers
I setup anohter WP page with a View that shows a list posts of CPT2 which is created by editors

How can I restrict subscribers from viewing the page with the list of the editor's posts?

I can restrict access to a CPT but I cant find how to restrict access to the View of CPTs

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You can actually achieve this with a Post Group setup so that you don't have to restrict the entire Pages post type.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/restricting-access-to-pages/#create-a-post-group-for-pages-restricted-to-logged-in-users

If the view is on a Particular page you can use the post group to restrict that page only.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

I think i am stupid, thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dimitris,

We are here to help 🙂 sometimes these things can be easily missed.

If there are any issues please let me know. If not then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shan e

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.