Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Responsive design in Views

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Toronto (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Meagan Hanes 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Meagan Hanes.

Author

Hi there,

If I allow Views to control the layout of my posts and archives, will it all be responsive? I am building the site using Foundation 6.3 so how will this interact?

I need the entire site to be responsive, including the parts outputted by Views.

Thank you very much for your time,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Responsiveness of the View will depend on what settings you select in the Views Loop Editor, as well as how your theme is designed.

This guide will be very helpful for you in explaining what each of the Loop layouts produces in terms of HTML. https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-layouts-101/ This is the first place to start, as you'll see what kind of HTML and CSS tags are produced, which you can hook into and customize via your theme.

Our guide about View Outputs also contains information you may find helpful: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/digging-into-view-outputs

You'll note that we do support Bootstrap in place of Foundation - if you have the option of switching to Bootstrap, perhaps consider it if it will make your responsive tasks easier. However, you can manually add the required Foundation classes in to the View's Loop as well.

Hope this helps!
Meagan

Hi Meagan,

Many thanks for your help.

This is perfect as always - the extent of your documentation never ceases to amaze me, and it is always really good quality backed up by excellent support.

Thank you. I'll get back to you if there are any issues. I am yet to decide whether to create front end layouts with Views or stick to the old fashioned way and build them myself in template files.

Re Bootstrap, do you guys have any plans to implement 4.0?

Thank you 🙂

Andrew

Thanks for the kind words! Since Bootstrap 4.0 is still in alpha, I don't think we'll be supporting it in the near future, however once it reaches a stable public release we'll likely work on supporting it.

Good luck in your Toolset adventure!
Meagan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.