Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Responsive block controls bug going back to desktop size

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

I've escalated the issue to our 2nd tier supporters and awaiting a response.

Thanks,
Shane

full-solution.png

I have sort have "solved" this with a workaround and also something that should probably be built into toolset. So if I add the following in my theme to clear out the editor padding I get a much better representation of the full width block throughout the sizes.

body {
	background: #f2f2f2 !important ;
}
.block-editor-writing-flow {
	background-color: #ffffff;
}

// lets kill the editor padding for our full width method.
.block-editor-block-list__layout {
	padding-left: 0;
	padding-right: 0;
}
// now we need to fix the full width margin to accomadate no padding
.block-editor-block-list__layout .block-editor-block-list__block[data-align="full"] {
	margin-left: 0;
	margin-right: 0;
}

however I think the BIG issue is that toolset is taking the backend editor approach of showing a "device" width without a visual representation, meaning "Desktop" which you have set to 1260px if someone is working on a 1920px screen and the default "desktop" is 1260px you should show the device area, which I have added to my theme and it's MUCH more intuitive see image.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for the update on this. Happy you were able to come up with a workaround while awaiting a more permanent fix.

I checked on the escalated thread and saw that it was sent off to our issues tracker and assigned to our Types development team, however I'm not seeing an ETA or any comments on this as yet.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for the Update Shane, do you mind reading through this ticket I opened https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sometime-desktop-size-view-doesnt-work/ I wonder if this is the same issue that I just found a bit more clear now that I have 1 working and 1 not. and maybe why you couldn't replicate it immediately ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

I believe these could be related, however further investigation is needed.

Our issue here is with the block itself and the view ports. However the ticket you shared is with the view port so its related but will need to be escalated as a separate issue for a proper investigation to be done.

Thanks,
Shane

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Nicholas

Shane is off, so let me step in to say that the changes the developers made to this are included with today's plugin updates.

Please test, and share any feedback you have, or feel free to close.

If you don't see the update in your plugins page from the custom Toolset installer page click the Check for Updates button. It is also available on the downloads page at toolset.com/account/downloads.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

Can you confirm that this issue has now been fixed?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.