Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Reset Toolset elements

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to reset Toolset to 'Factory settings,' ie no custom files, views etc.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Hi, there's no single reset button that will delete all Toolset information. Each individual element would have to be deleted separately, so it depends on which plugins you have utilized on the site. For example if you've used Types to create custom fields, those can be deleted from Toolset > Custom Fields > Post Field Control. If you've used Views to create Content Templates and Views, those would have to be deleted individually from their respective dashboards. If you've created custom code snippets you can delete those in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code. Access settings can be deleted in Toolset > Settings > Access Control. In some cases it might be simpler to export your posts into a new database without exporting Toolset structures, but even then you'd have to delete custom field information first so it doesn't get transferred into the new site.

Is there a specific problem you're trying to solve? Maybe I can make a different suggestion if I understand the situation fully.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.