Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom URL for reset password is ignored

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
A custom URL for the forgot password shortcode set by the reset_password_url attribute is ignored, the reset password link goes to the standard WordPress URL.

Solution:
The shortcode had been pasted and the standard single quotes that wrap the reset_password_url attribute had been replaced by angled quotes, which broke the shortcode.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-forgot-password-form

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dmitryK-2 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
make password reset process with Toolset CRED form (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-7-building-account-page-login-form/).
I'm expecting to get email with Reset password link in letter - hidden link or something like that
BUT still get standard Worpress link - hidden link
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Can you please take a look at my site , I'l provide access & duplicator clone

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Dmitry

Can you clarify how you have this set up?

I took a look at your site. I found a reset password page, but the page you linked to above is the account page. If I visit that page when not logged in I see a page with 3 tabs (log-in tab, sign-up tab, reset password tab), but then when I edit that page in the back-end I don't see the same content in the accordions, so I think I have misunderstood something about how you have set this up, if you could please confirm.

Hi Nigel, of course I can clarify.

I have kind of My-Account page "Мой DNK" (which is Toolset Layout "1521
Вход/Login" protected by ACEES - so when guest comes to site and clicks to My-Account - it is redirected to that Layout (this is described in https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-7-building-account-page-login-form/).

So Tab #1 has shortcode [wpv-login-form]; tab#2 - that is Toolset Cred form for user creation and tab#3 has [wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url=’hidden link ] as described here (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-6-building-forms-creating-user-accounts/).

and... as I can see now -- if u guest and can't login -- you can reset password in tab#3 -- I get email with STANDART link to wordpress password reset , but not the link which is in shortcode settings - reset_password_url=’hidden link.. and that is my question why - I need "my custom link from shortcode" been sent for user...

Cheers, waiting for reply

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dmitry

Thanks for clarifying. I can see the issue with the wrong redirect link being generated.

Can I just ask, is this part of a multisite installation or it is a single install?

Hello, this is just single install.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I'm going to take a copy of your site for testing locally and I'll get back to you once I have that set up and can see what the problem is.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dmitry

I did some testing locally, and I can now see that the issue is very simple.

Where you have inserted the forgot password shortcode the redirect url is wrapped in angled apostrophes and not simple single quotations marks.

You just need to edit the shortcode and use single quotations (or, better, use the Fields and Views button to insert it and it will add the correct quotation marks.

I changed that and re-tested and it worked fine.

Confirm!
Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.